Table of Contents
Now more than ever, people require technology that can keep up with the demands of their new remote world. Even with places opening up post-pandemic and people returning to the office, the need for solid computers has never been higher.
The best rated laptops for you can come from various brands and price points. From MacBooks and Windows 10 laptops to Chromebooks, we’ve compiled 5 of the best rated laptops making people’s lives easier and more productive. While no “cheap laptops” are featured, we’ve selected devices that provide maximum value for their price.
MacBook Pro (2021) – Best Rated Laptops
This Apple laptop ranks #1 regarding processing power and pro features. The new M1 processors create a seamless, non-invasive experience from checking emails to rendering demanding media projects.
- 16GB up to 32GB of RAM
- 512GB SSD hard drive configurable up to 8TB
- 8-core M1 processor with up to 16 cores
- Full height top-level control buttons (no more digital touch bar)
- Optimized for gaming over previous models
- Liquid Retina XDR display
- Available in 14″ and 16″ varieties
Pricing: Models start at $1,999, with prices topping out at $6,000. The good news is that Apple has packed the base model with more features than ever. A mid-level model should be more than enough for most. It’s considered by many to be the best laptop for college.
- Intuitive and user-friendly for those familiar with Apple’s Mac OS
- First in class backlit keyboard
- More USB-C ports than previous versions
- Solid graphics and processing performance for a wide range of media projects
- Long lifespan
- Battery life up to 14 hours on a single charge
- One of the few laptops with a fully 1080p HD webcam
- Not the best performer when used as a gaming laptop
- The large learning curve for users new to a Mac laptop operating system
- Besides some small changes, the overall design of the laptop has remained unchanged
- Doesn’t have a USB-A port
Google Pixelbook Go
The Google Pixelbook Go has outranked many of its Dell laptops and Lenovo laptop competitors of the Walmart laptops and Costco Chromebooks. With a quiet keyboard, long battery life, and just 2.3lbs, it’s a favorite among commuters and people going from home to office and school regularly.
One downside is that it doesn’t have some of the neat convertible features other Chromebooks have.
- Multiple processor options, including the Intel Core m3 processor, Intel Core i5 processor, or an Intel Core i7 processor
- RAM from 8GB to 16GB
- Options for a 128GB or 256GB SSD drive
- Smooth switching between browser windows applications
- LCD touchscreen display
- (2) USB-C ports and a headphone jack
Pricing: The base model starts at $649.00, with the top model maxing out at $1,399.
- High-quality speakers and microphones ideal for video conferencing
- 11 hours of battery life with an additional 2 hours after just 20 minutes of charging
- Lightweight and extremely portable
- Multiple SSD capacities up to 4TB
- Older hardware
- Not a 2-1 convertible configuration like its Lenovo laptop competitor, the Chromebook Duet.
- Lack of a USB-A port
Alienware M15 R7 – Best Rated Laptops
Touted as one of the best rated, all-around gaming laptops in the under $2,500 category, this alien laptop boasts a lightning-fast display and highly responsive keyboard. Paired with the RTX 3070 Ti GPU, gamers will experience minimal lag time and seamless refresh rates.
The Alienware M15 R7 is all about power and performance and spends little time on aesthetics. It’s heavy, so be prepared to engage your abs before lifting it into your laptop bag.
- 16GB to 64GB of RAM
- Multiple choices of GPU, including an RTX 3050 Ti, RTX 3060, RTX 3070 Ti, and RTX 3080 Ti
- FHD at 165Hz / 360Hz | QHD at 240Hz display
- 3x USB Type-A 3.2 Gen 1
- A choice between an i7-12700H or i9-12900H Intel processor
Pricing: While it is a great value, the M15 would not be considered a cheap laptop. The price tag for an upgraded model will range between $2,100 and $2,500.
- Incredible raw processing performance
- Best-in-class keyboard
- Extremely fast display
- Small uncharge for premium display option
- Great gaming experience
- Can compete with more expensive gaming laptops
- More plastic parts than usual
- Extremely heavy and bulky
- Loud fans
Dell XPS 13 Laptop
Designed to compete with Apple’s precision-milled aluminum MacBooks in form and function, the XPS 13 is a top choice for users looking for an Apple experience in the field of windows laptops.
Design-wise, this Dell laptop is equal parts elegant and strong. With a gorilla glass display, the XPS 13 is light and durable enough to easily take from place to place.
- 12th generation 10-core Intel processor
- From 8GB to 32GB of RAM
- 1TB hard drive
- 13.4” touch display
- 2 USB-C ports
Pricing: High-end finishes warrant the higher price tag on this line of notebooks. With a base model starting at $1,500 and a top-level price of $1,650, it is more expensive than some of its HP laptop competitors with similar internal features.
- Upgraded performance from Intel “Tiger Lake” CPU
- Sleek styling
- Stunning display
- Extremely long 14-hour battery life
- Included USB adapters
- Limited stock ports
- Expensive configurations
- Limited upgrade options
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9
Released in 2021 and one generation removed from the latest iteration, business professionals are still placing the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 as the number one choice for exceeding the demands of any work environment.
- 12th Gen Intel Core vPro processors
- Up to 32GB LPDDR5 5200MHz of RAM
- Full HD webcam with (4) 360-degree microphones
- 1TB-2TB SSD storage
- Integrated Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
- Dolby Atmos speaker system
Pricing: Models start at $1,229 to a top-level price $2,350
- First-class design and engineering
- Smooth keyboard
- Wide variety of ports. HDMI and USB-A ports, as well as Thunderbolt 4
- Clever, sanitizing-friendly Quick Clean function
- Legendary 19.5-hour battery life
- The expensive price tag for upgraded models
- No OLED screen option
- No SD or microSD card slots
Regardless of your personal needs and preferences, it’s clear from this list of the best rated laptops, that there are limitless options and configurations to match any lifestyle or work environment.